Student sessions are based on the IMB model; information, motivation and behaviour. They are typically presented in 4 - 6 lessons; once a week or adapted to suit the groups needs. Students are presented with lessons, and activities that promote a positive self-image, healthy decision making and consensual relationships.
Sessions are based on the learning standards set by the BC Ministry of Education and adapted to accommodate the diverse needs of all students.
- Reviewing appropriate terminology to identify body parts
- Reviewing personal safety, consent and ‘trusted adults’
- Understanding the concepts of Private Versus Public – places/activities/touch
- The physical, emotional, and social changes of puberty
- Introduction to Human Reproduction
- Healthy sexual decision making and reducing risks (pregnancy and STIs)
- Values clarification, understanding consent, setting boundaries and healthy relationships
- Sex and the law (including age of consent, sexual assault, sexting, etc)
- Sexuality and gender
- Pornography Fantasy vs Reality
All photography provided by Lipsett Photography Group